The 5 Most Effective Ways to Use Your Muscle Roller
A guide to achieving peak performance and faster recovery with WAVE5
Looking to level up your performance?
Tired of dealing with muscle tension and soreness?
Sick of battling with muscle pain after your workouts?
If so, IQBody has a breakthrough solution for you.
Using a proven scientific design, we built the WAVE5 muscle roller. This industry-first hybrid muscle roller increases muscle stimulation, promotes faster recovery, and improves muscle endurance. WAVE5 provides you with the quick and sustainable results you’re looking for.
With multiple uses and benefits, WAVE5 muscle roller is a health fanatic’s best friend. This revolutionary muscle recovery system can transform your fitness routine:
- Pre-workout warm-up
- Post-workout recovery
- Body posture assistant
- Stretching aid
- And a full-body workout conditioning aid….
All in one product!
If that sounds like something you need in your life…then read on and discover the most effective ways to use a muscle roller, and how WAVE5 can change your performance and recovery game for life.
5 Ways A Muscle Roller Can Up Your Game
Muscle rollers are intended to improve muscle flexibility, increase range of motion, reduce muscle tension or soreness, increase blood flow, and prevent injuries. At IQBody, we designed WAVE5 to optimize all these areas, and so much more…
1. Using Your Muscle Roller as a Pre-Workout Warm-Up
One of the main functions of a muscle roller is to provide you with a safe and easy pre-workout warm-up routine. Using a muscle roller before working out will improve the effectiveness and safety of your workout.
If you are going to use your WAVE5 as a pre-workout warm-up, it’s best to use it as a compliment to stretching. Instead of only stretching your muscles, you can utilize your muscle roller to increase your range of motion and open-up deeper layers of muscle flexibility before you hit the weights.
For example, instead of static stretching your hamstring, you could pulse on your WAVE5 along the hamstring trigger-point line. This is similar to dynamic stretching in that you’re allowing your muscles the chance to move around and loosen up without applying too much force or unnecessary pressure.
When using a muscle roller before a workout, your circulation is increased and any tight muscles begin to release tension. Acting as a full muscle recovery system, WAVE5 allows for improved performance as well as reduced pain and discomfort.
2. Post-Workout Recovery With WAVE5
Stretching after a workout allows your muscles to relax. Additionally, your muscles receive increased blood flow and nutrients, relieving soreness.
But there’s still a problem…
Many people suffer from dehydrated muscles. And we’re not talking about dehydration from a lack of drinking water. No, we’re talking about the deep tissue hydration that occurs when you break up layers of congested, knotted muscle tissue far below the skin’s surface.
Dehydrated muscles can have you curled up on the ground like a tennis player cramping during the fifth set of Wimbledon. It’s punishing, but only in the most severe cases. Generally, dehydrated muscles can decrease overall performance, reduce strength, hinder flexibility, and increase the risk of injury during exercise.
Fortunately, the experts at IQBody have transformed the muscle hydration game with WAVE5.
“WAVE5 is a patented system of tools proven to transform your muscle hydration. It uses a technique called myofascial release to loosen knots—and open up the muscles to free them from tension, pain, old trauma, or injuries. By targeting connective tissue and applying individualized pressure to pull fluid into dry tissue, WAVE5 can help bring fluid into muscles at levels most people have never experienced.”
By bringing fluid into the muscles after a killer workout, WAVE5 can solve anyone’s muscle hydration issues. With increased mobility, performance, and muscle relief, who knows what you can achieve?
3. WAVE5 as a Breakthrough Body Posture Assistant
With more people spending hours and hours sitting in front of computers, sitting is the new smoking. Prolonged periods of sitting not only affects your health but also your posture.
And when we developed the WAVE5 muscle hydration system, we took this fact very seriously, giving people a new way to transform their posture.
That’s why the greatest buzz around WAVE5 right now is body posture assistance…
Check out what personal trainer and yoga teacher Jeremy Walton has to say:
“This tool has the versatility to work on my body from my neck down to my feet and even helps me with my postural alignment when sitting at my desk.”
Bad posture can affect you on a physical and emotional level. Muscle pain, pinched nerves, and muscle spasms are just a few of the main issues caused by bad posture. And the worst part is, most people don’t recognize their bad posture until it’s too late.
To correct your posture, we have two pieces of critical advice:
- Counterbalance weak muscles with strength training, and
- Roll out your muscles to relieve tension.
Focused core and lower back strength training can tighten up your posture and have you feeling stronger and healthier in no time. We suggest abdominal exercises like planks, Russian twists, and bicycles to strengthen your lower and upper abs.
But as much as we want our stomachs flat and chiseled, this doesn’t do too much for our posture without the counterbalance of our lower back. Therefore, incorporating supermans, hip thrusters in bridge pose, and cat/cow arches will all increase lower back strength.
While strengthening these two areas will have you standing and sitting tall in correct alignment, the workouts required to maintain this posture will take a toll on your muscles. And that’s where the WAVE5 muscle roller comes in.
Muscle rolling helps stimulate muscle hydration to relieve muscle tension, feeding your muscles the proper nutrients to recover faster and perform better. Putting your WAVE5 to work while sitting at your desk or riding in the car is a great way to counteract the strength training required to maintain optimal posture.
Here are the two best ways to utilize your WAVE5:
1. Target the Hamstrings & Relieve Your Back Pain
- Place the two Tidal domes on your chair where your hamstrings meet your sit bones.
- Sandwich the domes between the seat of your chair and your body.
- Sit evenly on the domes.
- Adjust according to comfort.
- Allow your muscle tissue to absurd the pressure.
- Be aware of your body’s reaction and breathe into the experience.
- Feel your abs tighten and your spine elongate, decompressing unhealthy pressure.
- Let the magic of WAVE5 work…
2. Fixing Spinal Posture is as easy as 1-2-3
- Sit in your chair.
- Place the domes below and inside your shoulder blades, resting on your lats.
- Allow the domes to act as your backrest.
- Experience the bodyweight, “feel good” pressure sink into your lat muscles, pulling your traps down and propping up your neck.
Apply these two techniques into your daily routine and watch your posture completely transform.
4. Assisted Stretching
Since WAVE5 was designed by a world-class muscle therapist, improving flexibility and muscle pliability became one of its main purposes. Naturally, one of the most common uses of WAVE5 is assisted stretching.
By changing the dynamics of specific stretches, WAVE5 delivers you a more full and satisfying stretch. Let’s take a look at some examples of assisted stretches you can try with your WAVE5.
Upper Back Tension
If you have tension in your upper back or if you find yourself hunching forward often, try out this stretch with your WAVE5 muscle roller:
- Lie with your muscle roller under your spine, allowing it to support your head and tailbone.
- Bend your knees and place your feet flat on the floor.
- Spread your arms wide and out to the sides, making sure your palms are facing upward.
- Breathe deeply and relax into this position for up to 1 minute.
- Repeat 3 times.
If you suffer from muscle knots, tightness, and tension, give this muscle roller assisted stretch a shot. In addition to aligning your spine, this stretch promotes excellent posture, making it the perfect remedy for people who sit for extended periods. Always make sure to avoid going lower than your mid-back, which is where your rib cage ends.
- Place the WAVE5 horizontally across your upper back, right under your shoulder blades.
- With your knees bent, press your feet firmly into the floor.
- Interlace your fingers at the base of your skull, then slowly begin to lean back.
- Slightly raise your hips to move the muscle roller up toward your shoulders.
- With the roller, focus on any sensitive areas for at least 20 seconds.
- Then, work the roller up to your shoulders. After, work your way down to your mid-back again.
- Repeat 4 to 5 times.
Lower Back Tension
If you suffer from tension in your lower back, this exercise provides almost instant relief. But be careful not to put too much pressure on this area. Remember to listen to your body.
- First, lie on your back and place the WAVE5 roller so it’s horizontally positioned below your lower back.
- With your knees bent, press your feet firmly into the floor.
- After, begin to bend your knees into your chest, as you place your hands behind your thighs or on your shins.
- Gently shift your weight to the right side, while raising the left side of your lower back off of the muscle roller.
- Stay in this position for a few seconds. Then, begin to gently rock to the left side.
- Continue shifting your weight from side to side for up to 1 minute.
- Repeat 2 to 3 times.
Gluteus Maximus Tension
To support the strength and stability of your lower back, you should relieve any tension in your gluteus maximus. This is best done with a WAVE5 assisted stretch technique:
- Sit on top of the WAVE5, making sure it’s directly under your sitting bones.
- Place your hands behind your hips for support.
- Make sure to place your feet flat on the floor and bend your knees.
- Next, position your right ankle to the outside of your left knee.
- Place your left hand on your ankle or thigh, gently leaning to the right. You should begin feeling a stretch in your glutes.
- While rolling from side to side, focus on any sensitive areas.
- Make sure to hold each area for up to 30 seconds. Then do the opposite side.
Tackling these assisted stretches will have you reaching further and bending in ways you never thought possible. Try them out, you’ll be glad you did!
5. Full-Body Workout Conditioning with WAVE5
One of the least known functions of the WAVE5 muscle roller is its ability to assist full-body workout conditioning. You’ve probably seen people using a medicine ball during their workouts. Well, the WAVE5 works in a similar way.
Remember those Russian twists we recommended? Try doing these with your WAVE5 after a strong pre-work warm-up. There’s no need to use a heavy ten-pound medicine ball when your WAVE5, weighing in at just under four pounds, can pack the same punch. The goal is to keep your core tight and engage the counter-action of moving your upper body from side-to-side while keeping your legs raised and your chest held high.
Also, you can deploy WAVE5 for your toe touch routine. After you finish your 30 seconds of Russian twists, give us ten solid toe-touch crunches to strengthen your ads and lower back. We are always thinking about improving your posture!
If you want to learn more about how to incorporate your WAVE5 into your training, schedule a one-on-one session with Ryan Spratt, the mastermind behind WAVE5. In just 30 minutes, he’ll have your body aligned and take your workouts to the next level!
Improve Your Muscle Strength and Promote Faster Recovery With WAVE5
Whether you’re an avid gym shark, a cross-fit machine, or an evening park walker, the WAVE5 muscle roller can up your game. As a full muscle recovery system, this tool will help you strengthen your muscles, improve your posture, and provide you with versatile, full-body workouts. Additionally, the WAVE5 muscle roller was specially designed to support recovery efforts after an injury.
In other words, your entire body will thank you after using the WAVE5 muscle roller. Contact us today to learn more about how to use a muscle roller, the importance of muscle hydration, or how to purchase a WAVE5.
P.S. As the holidays begin, you’re probably looking for that perfect gift for your special someone. If you have a friend or family member who likes to remain active, the WAVE5 muscle roller is an epic gift. It’s the best muscle recovery and muscle maintenance system on the market.